Janathon #12 - Justified and ancient

I feel, honestly, like something the cat has dragged in, mauled, eaten a bit of, and left the rest to fester in the shed. 12 days in - over a third done! - and I'm into a weird rhythm of good night - good night - bad night - recovery run night - dubious night - oh, maybe I'm okay night - ouch. 


Tonight was an 'ouch'. Not a particularly long or fast night, because of the 'ouch'. Calves and whatever-the-hell-you-call-it up the outside of my calves. Both trying to kill me, or at least make me stop running. Still, I've got another 7km-ish in the bag, new trails again, through the back of an old quarry and into Ireland Wood. I was intending it to be about 5-and-a-bit km, but one of the footpaths I was planning to take doesn't seem to exist any more (at least according to the house that's built where it used to be) and another footpath wasn't signed and I missed it in the dark, so I took a slightly longer route.

According to SportTracker, 7.12km, 53:06 for tonight. I'll be happy with that, once I've had tomorrow's recovery run and got out of the 'ouch' phase of my weekly cycle...

Comments

Anonymous said…
peroneus longus and brevis

Popular posts from this blog

Dalby's Inferno (and the 10 Circles of Suffering)

On and up.

All in a day's work