Logical

"When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful, a miracle, it was beautiful, magical.
All the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily, joyfully, playfully, watching me.

But then they sent me away to teach me how to be sensible, logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable, clinical, intellectual, cynical.

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, liberal, fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."

(Supertramp - The Logical Song)


Isn't growing up a joy?

Comments

Ross Hendry said…
Not right now, no. The car failed its MOT and will be getting patched up just enough to pass before I start looking into getting a new one. The roofs leaking again so that'll need fixed. I've got an appointment at the dentist which I just know is going to cost money and I still haven't done anything about getting orthotics.

However, I did have an amusing discussion about sticks and stones with a small child today. Which was nice.

Popular posts from this blog

Dalby's Inferno (and the 10 Circles of Suffering)

On and up.

All in a day's work