Jack Bloor race



So - a hysterical attempt at trying to get fit again. At trying to run more. At trying to meet people to race with. Anyway...

Ran the Deerstalker earlier in the year - no blog about it because I'm lame - and ran a whole load better than I thought I was going to: 2:31 including a bit of standing about waiting for Elise and Jon (ha ha ha...). That's 8 minutes faster than previously, and it could have been 12. Had I done more training over the winter that would have been even more. But I didn't, so that's a moot point.

So, a conversation first on SleepMonsters and then by email about doing some racing over summer and therefore a bit of motivation to do some training and some informal races over the early season. So I thought I'd start with the Jack Bloor, a 5 mile fell race starting from Ilkley

Hmmm. Not the best of ideas! The picture above shows the route. Little bit steep. And I'm not in a good state. But, that said, I got round. It wasn't fast or pretty, but I'm not, so that's all fine!

Next up? Who knows. Depends when my back unsiezes and the blisters heal...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dalby's Inferno (and the 10 Circles of Suffering)

On and up.

All in a day's work