The Masterplan (v2.008)

Plans for the summer then:
1) use this blog more as a training diary - see 'Glasgow tae the Sahara (http://gckelly.blogspot.com) for more details
2) Run more, bike more, boat more.
3) By using the principals of 2), lose some weight.

Things aren't too bad. Myself, Kiwi Steve, Steve Hutton and a couple of others do a regular run on a monday. I bike to work some days (although I most definitely could do more!). I boat every week, both general river stuff and polo. But I KNOW that what hurts me most is running, hence why I'm working on it now. Today's plan involved a ratch through the Runner's World events calendar to find local races to me that I can a) get to and b) complete!

I know my biggest problems is big, unrealistic aims, so the work-in-progress idea is to temper these and and be less optimistic about my abilities. That and a well-plotted race calendar should help.

At the moment, the calendar loooks like this:
March - Deerstalker, NSR, work at Birmingham Rat Race, and a 5 mile road race in Leeds (will be my first ever competitive road event!)
April - A road 10K and lots of training.
May - Meanwood 7.5 mile trail race, and an Open 5 event.
June - Harewood Chase trail 10K and possibly the Heb Challenge.
July - Possibly a Solo at the Traquair Ace Race, Edinburgh Rat Race and maybe Tough Guy.
August - London Triathlon or Sleepless in the Saddle, Newcastle Rat Race.
September - Either the Manx End-to-End or the Penrith Merida MTB Marathon, and working at London Rat Race.
October - Polaris with my Dad and maybe Tough Guy (again)
November - Abbey Dash 10K and whatever else happens.

I'm also hoping for another Man of Porage invite, but we'll see.

TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dalby's Inferno (and the 10 Circles of Suffering)

On and up.

All in a day's work